Sunday, February 22, 2009

This and that

Today I'm feeling a little bit sorry for myself. I woke up at 8am like usual but with a splitting headache (I get these on a pretty regular basis although nobody can figure out why), so I rolled over and went back to sleep until 10am. Then I just woke up feeling even worse for over sleeping! On top of that I have an article due in a couple of days and need to interview a man that nobody seems to be able to find! Having said that life is not all doom and gloom (far from it really). I got up early yesterday to attend a vintage garage sale which was fantastic! I always become a little giddy when I'm surrounded in so many beautiful old clothes. I particularly fell in love with two dresses, one was a little 1950's green patterned number that fitted me like glove, and the other was a 1920's black flapper dress that was too adorable for words! Unfortunatly I am stone broke this week (why does moving house always have to be so damn expensive?) so I left empty handed but promised to return when my coffers were full.


Well life certainly hasn't been dull so far this year and I have so many exciting things coming up in the next couple of weeks I can barely contain myself sometimes!


1. The Stray Cats are coming to play next Tuesday night!! And just as a nice added bonus the venue they are playing at is a sweet 5 minute walk from my new house. Better start planning an outfit soon!


2. I'm getting tattooed on the same day! I've felt like a child waiting for Christmas to hurry up and come. I absolutely love getting tattooed and have therefore had to be a little strict with myself otherwise I'd already be covered from head to toe and have no room to get tattooed for the rest of my life! So it's pretty much been 2 years to the day since I last got inked and my skin is tingling at the very thought getting coloured somemore.


3. There is potentially a new boy in the picture. He is very very different from any of the other boys I've been with (who I'm afraid are always the type my mother would prefer I didn't bring home!) so I'm not sure what's going to happen there but I'm trying to stay open to change... I have a feeling it might do me some good!


4. I start University next week. I haven't studied for a few years now but have decided to go back and do my post-graduate diploma while this whole recession thing is going down and there are no jobs anyway. I am going to be studying Translation Studies (Oh I speak fluent German too by the way), I know it doesn't sound terribly exciting, but it's going to be my sensible back up income! No matter how bad things get people are always going to need documents etc translated, and to be honest it pays a hell of a lot better than writing so I'm just going to have to stick it out!


Oh and before I go one thing that I am not so sure about... the lounge in the new house!


I think it sort of resembles a New Zealand bach(holiday home)! We have this amazing big black wall in our living room which would look so great with some nice tidy colours, this is just too busy for my liking. But when you're living with two other people who were strangers up until two weeks ago you can't really just jump in and start changing things to suit your style can you now?! I'm hoping it will grow on me. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment