THE GREAT VINTAGE GARAGE SALE (take two!). We now have four amazing vintage sellers, two loots of long lost grandparents treasures, plus clothes, shoes, furniture, suitcases. Phew it's going to be even bigger and better than the last one we had planned! A big thank you and sorry to those of you that showed up last time... this time we're going to be there rain or shine!
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Wednesday, October 9, 2013
We've had to make a tough decision based on a sometimes accurate weather forecast. Due to the prediction of rain, followed by showers and a very strong wind on Saturday we are having to postpone our outside garage sale. Very frustrating after weeks of preparation! Please bear with us while we figure out another suitable date. xx
Monday, September 30, 2013
You guys this is really, truly, finally happening! I'm so excited! Dashfield Vintage is teaming up with another friend who has inherited an incredible loot from her late grandmother. I'm dying to see what she's got, by the sounds of it there are some really amazing pieces in the mix. As for the Dashfield loot, it's all gotta go! I really can no longer keep storing it where I have been. You can expect most items to be priced around $5 - $10, and I'm throwing in some of my favourite old furniture and suitcases.
Anyway so head out to Ponsonby for a lazy Saturday breakfast, grab a second coffee to go and wander on down to Cowan St for a peek.
We can't wait to see you there.
Sunday, September 22, 2013
My goodness it has been a while! And oh how life has changed since I last checked in. I now have an amazing little seven month old daughter who continues to grow like a weed! Having a baby was everything and nothing like I imagined it would be. What has shocked me the most is how little time I have for myself, I mean seriously! I'm with Ayana 24/7 and while she is napping during the day I usually have to lay down for a nap too. So as you might imagine not much gets done around here! Things are definitely starting to get easier with every month though and I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into some of my old projects again. So here's what's been going on/ will be going on in my vintage world.
- If you follow Dashfield Vintage on Facebook you'll have noticed that I've made several attempts and broken promises of having a big sale. I'm embarrassed to say it never eventuated to much. Which leads me to my next point...
- The promised garage sale is finally going to happen!! We confirmed the date and place yesterday and I'll be announcing it in the next few days. I have SO much stuff to get rid of (clothes, suitcases, furniture), plus another friend who has a whole treasure trove of her grandmothers things that she wants to sell.
- The one thing I have managed to do (even if it was late the evening before deadline) is to write my little vintage parenting column for Glory Days. Have you checked this online (soon to print) magazine out yet? It's amazing! I'm so, so proud of all the talented folk who work so hard to pull this together every issue.
- We made it to the Vintage Textile Fair again this year. I was going to go by hook or by crook! Ayana was a bit of a hit with all the lovely vintage ladies there and then eventually crashed out so I could have a good look around. I bought myself a beautiful little 1940s jacket, as well as a pair of vintage sandals and a summer playsuit for Ayana.
- I've just been in the process of unpacking my summer clothes, and let me tell you, it's like Christmas!! It has been over a year since I've laid eyes on many of these pieces so there has been a lot of oooing and ahing!
- And last but certainly not least I have a wedding to plan! Although the guest list has well over a hundred people on it, we don't want anything formal or fussy. This is going to be a rustic, easy going, kick-your-shoes-off, DIY, picnic style occasion, which actually still involves a fair bit of work! For me that means hitting the second hand shops to source things like throws, cushions and 100+ little vintage saucers. The wedding isn't until early February but I figure the sooner we get cracking, the less stressful it will be in the end!
Yup and I think that pretty well gets you up to speed on what has been going on in the Dashfield world. It's nice to be back. I've missed you lot and blog land :).
Saturday, February 9, 2013
Glory Days magazine was celebrated with a hiss and a roar! Burlesque beauties shimmied and teased the audience, the DJ had the crowd bopping to every ones favourite rockabilly tunes, the bands had us shaking our hips and wow did people bring out their best vintage finery! The hair, the make up, the dresses... it was amazing! Unfortunately for me (with my due date being a mere two weeks away) I had no hope at all of fitting any of my vintage dresses and felt distinctly under dressed! Still I was kind of proud of myself for making it out at all ;).
The party itself sold out before the night and the magazine has had a fantastic response from readers, so it's full steam ahead for the next issue! I really enjoyed being part of the first issue and look forward to working with everybody again. Although my content may be a little limited this time while I adjust to life with a newborn. I will certainly keep you posted though.
Thursday, January 31, 2013
I know I haven't done any Links to Love posts lately (mainly because it's the middle of summer so I would rather be at the beach than sitting at my computer!), but I did just want to share a couple of my new favourite blogs. I have a major crush on both of them! The photos and style are just amazing, so inspiring and talented :).
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
I actually also found boxes full of beautiful toys up in the attic that had once either belonged to myself, my mum or my grandmother. One thing is for sure, we're not going to have to buy this kid too many new toys!