Thursday, January 12, 2012

Step into my new office...

Phew after a week of hard work, lots of painting, scrubbing and organising I finally have my new office/ studio set up!  This is something I have been meaning to do for the longest time because believe me this little house gets a bit cluttered when I'm measuring, listing and packaging orders at the kitchen table, AND have clothes hanging all over the place.  Now my kitchen table is clean (well almost) and my house feels so much better.  So please, step into my new office...
 The white table actually used to belong to the original owner of the house we live in.  I believe she used it as her craft/ sewing table but at some stage it ended up in my mums cellar and was covered in dust and old jars of pickles!  It took me nearly a week to sand it back and give it a half a dozen coats of white paint!  The shelving on the right for all my magazines and folders is actually just four old wooden beer crates piled on top of one another.  I love this sort of thing so much more than boring new store bought furniture.


Having a clean, organised space is so important, I feel so unmotivated when it's in a mess.


Clothes glorious clothes... as far as the eye can see!


A room with a view!  Sure beats staring at the person in the office cubicle next to you!


The inspiration board I started when I was first thinking about opening a store.  I like to keep it in sight to remind me of what my goals were and what direction I wanted the shop to go in.


My inspirational magazines (of which I have many).


My loft!  Yes I have a loft!!  It's quite lucky actually because without the extra storage space things would get mighty cramped.  The only challenge sometimes is having to climb up and down that little wooden ladder.


I'm surrounded in my precious collections!


And what do you know... I can even take silly photos of myself here when the light is right.  So important! ;).

The office is still a bit of a work in progress.  As you can see the pin boards are bare (I plan to fill one full of inspirational stuff and the other will become the 'to do' board), the walls could also do with some art work and the bed (which you can't see in these photos) is going to be converted into a couch with a beautiful throw and lots of vintage cushions.  This is also going to be more than just a space for my vintage, it will double as an office for doing my writing work in as well.  It will be great to have somewhere dedicated to 'work' and a good excuse to get out of the house!
x

2 comments:

  1. Your office looks fantastic! I am very envious of your view, too. And yes, totally agree that using found objects for storage is so much nicer than buying in new stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your brand new office! You did such a good job in organizing your new place. I agree with Dolly. You have such a wonderful workplace. I can tell that you'll have so much fun working in your new office.

    ReplyDelete