Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Playing with nostalgia
1. Testing, testing 1 2 3
2. My old wooden chest in the living room with the latest prints we bought at the pop up shop. We still need to get them framed and decide where to hang them.
3. I inherited this stunning chest of drawers from my grandmother when she passed away. I think it actually belonged to my great- grandmother though initially. My mum had it shipped all the way from Germany just for me.
4. I have a bunch of old photos on my dresser of my parents. They were pretty young when they met and had me. My mum came from a well to do upper class German family, and my dad was a refugee from a little unknown country called Eritrea. My favourite photo is from when they first met. They both look so young and smitten!
5. A left over birthday banner that still hangs in Nic's office from last year.
6. I can't remember exactly where I bought this. I think it may have been from a market in London. It still makes me smile.
7. I once bought a huge lot of hats from a sweet old lady who had been collecting them most of her life. I particularly loved this one with its delicate velvet flowers, so it now hangs in the bedroom disguising an ugly light.