Monday, May 11, 2009

Winter is just around the corner

While the rest of the world is gearing up for summer,winter is very much on its way over here. Today I had to walk home from uni in the blustering wind and rain, whilst clutching onto my poor little umbrella for dear life. I'm not a big fan of the cold, or the dark afternoons but winter does have a few of its own positive points... I love watching the leaves fall off the trees and gather in big orange and brown piles on the road, I love the excuse to take a long hot bath and snuggle into bed with a good book or movie, and I LOVE the warm comfort food, hot chocolates, and red wine that seem alright to overindulge in as the temperatures drop. Where I live winter never means snow, all we get is rain, rain, and more rain so I am always sad to miss out on the romance of winter... that surreal silence that comes with snowfall, the icicles that hang of the tree's in the forest, and the squeaking noise your boots make when you step into fresh snow, and of course making snow angels.
Anyway this morning when I finally managed to drag myself out of bed I felt like rebeling against the miserable weather that was beating on my window by dressing like Spring! Well sort of anyway, I wore my new baby pink ruffle sweater and slide a flower in my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment