Sunday, July 26, 2009

Mad Hatter


I'm a collector. So when something catches my interest I tend to go a little mad on it. One of those interests for me happens to be vintage hats, and although I am slowly getting to a point where they are spilling out of hat boxes, old suitcases, shelves, and wardrobes I still can't let a beautiful one slip me by. I would love to know more about them and exactly what time period they are from because for many of them I am unsure. Anyway I've decided to start photographing and cataloging them on my computer, here are the ones I've done so far...














I also adore new hats, particularly fascinators and anything outrageously over that top! I recently discovered Topsy Turvy Designs who make the most fantastic (hand made and customized) millinery treats.





You can check out their amazing designs on the Topsy Turvy website: http://www.topsyturvydesign.com/
or buy direct from the Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/profile.php?user_id=5205648

I suppose it's no wonder that I am hugely looking forward to Tim Burton's 'Alice in Wonderland' for the mere fact that I will be swooning over the costumes!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment