Oh boy I just had to use this as another excuse to take a break from packing and cleaning. It is SO warm here at the moment and the last thing you feel like doing is moving!
Anyway I thought I would just show you some new finds and share some resolutions for the new year.
1. My biggest goal for the year is the shop I go on and on and on about. I have been waiting for the right time to finally do this and in the past few weeks everything has been suddenly pushing me in the right direction... so no more excuses!
2. Make use of my degree. Hard to believe that I studied for 5 years and am actually a qualified translator now. It's time to make use of that and stop working these silly dead end jobs because I'm scared of the responsibility that goes with them!
3. Be more patient and less stubborn. Okay I have to admit I am not always the easiest person in the world. I always 'know best', I need for everything to happen immediately, and need for them to happen exactly that way I want them! My bad moods are frequent but short. Sometimes I wonder how my boyfriend puts up living with me!
4. Get off my bum and exercise! I have never been a fan of physical exercise nor have I ever put much thought into doing it. I am one of those weird people that eats constantly and hardly ever gains any weight, in fact I have spent most of my life trying to put on any weight I can! But now that I am getting older I am starting to find that my bum wobbles more than I would prefer, I see little love handles bulging over my jeans, and in general I just feel a little blah. So it's time to get moving!
5. Be more social. I confess, I am both shy and a snob! I love my friends to bits but I don't particularly enjoy meeting new people (except online of course, but that's different isn't). I absolutely hate going to house parties, I find it a chore to make small talk with people and now that I hardly drink any more I am bored out of my brains at most social occasions. Sad isn't it! I got to thinking recently that for every 10 boring people I am avoiding, I probably miss out on several interesting ones.
6. Stick to my challenge of not buying any 'new' clothing for a year.
7. Continue to grow my hair. It always reaches a certain point before I get impatient or bored and chop it off again.
8. Make my blog better and post more often!
9. Get more sleep!
10. Throw more dinner parties.
11. Find the time to read. I have a degree in English literature and have only managed to read one full book in the entire last year!
12. Keep my hoarding under control. Remember to collect quality over quantity!
13. Do the Tongariro crossing. This is an intense days hike up a volcanic mountain that I have always wanted to do. It is covered in snow in winter so really needs to be done in spring or autumn.
14. Have more patients for sewing.
15. Make my plans for Europe and Morocco this year come true!
Yup I think that just about covers it. What about you guys? Do you make goals for the new year?