- Managed to support myself through doing what I love (selling vintage clothing).
- Moved out to the country and LOVE it
- I travelled to Germany, Holland, France, Kuala Lumpur, Whangamata and Wellington
- Learned to love myself (sounds corny I know but wow it's amazing)
- Became an official qualified translator
- Got engaged (sneaky me, kept that one quiet... we still haven't officially told everybody)
- Started Dashfield Vintage
- Planted my first vege garden
- Joined a writers group
- Became a gym bunny (well at least until my membership ran out a few months ago)
- Met my new sister
- Generally just grew happier by the day/ week/ month
I feel like this year has been a strange stepping stone to much greater things. Like there were some lessons I needed to learn, and things I had to discover about myself in order to start the next chapter.
As for 2012?? I can't WAIT to get it started! I'm really planning to grab the bull by the horns (so to speak) and not let all those little fears and insecurities hold me back. It's funny because I have spent most of my teens and 20s wishing for big changes and thinking 'if only', but I have recently discovered that I actually love my life and rather than changing it I want to expand and build on it! I'm going to be turning 30 in 2012 so this is going to be my year, I'm going to make damn sure of that! My list of goals seems to be ever growing, some goals are small and others completely life changing. Either way I'm ready!
So I'm wondering, do you write New Years lists? Or is this just a Virgo trait (because we generally can't help but write endless lists and document everything)? As it happens I write daily, weekly, monthly, yearly and even life long lists... I suppose I get some silly kick out of being able to cross something off when I've completed it. I think that the most important thing about New Years lists is that they are actually achievable.
Anyway enough of the ranting. I hope you all have a fantastic New Years celebration and I will definitely be seeing you next year!