Thursday, January 5, 2012

Did you know...


I have been working on a second blog!  It's still in its infancy but This little place I know is basically all about my second love, travelling!  The idea came about for two reasons, firstly we have a lot of visitors coming to stay with us from overseas and they always want to know Auckland's hidden treasures.  You know, the places where us locals hang out.  When I go to a new city I don't want to head straight to the tourist hot spots, I want to know where those quirky little cafe's are, where you can find the super cute boutique shops, if there are any great markets and which parts of town to visit first.  Secondly, I consider myself to be a fairly experienced traveller so I wanted to share my experiences, tips and favourite spots to visit in other places of the world.  Okay actually there's a third reason too, I love to take photos and I love to write, so this is basically an outlet for that too!  Whilst I love all things vintage, it will be nice to have something else to focus on too!  So like I said, the blog is still in its infancy, but I have a long list of things to share on it!


x

2 comments:

  1. i love that you are making a monthly list too! :)

    i got started on my reading right away. . .

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so amazing! I just came your blog and saw this image of the shop fronts and from somewhere I recognized them, but had no clue from where. So I Googled the name and it turned out that it was this lovely shop that I visited in Paris in 2003 when I was so Amelie inspired I took a trip to Paris ( The canal is the one where she's skipping sones if you've seen the film).
    Anyway, just a little funny story. :)

    ReplyDelete