Wednesday, April 18, 2012

DIY furniture: re-vamped, recycled, re-loved









 I am hopelessly in love with old furniture, and to be honest the more shabby it looks the more I want it!  My collection was getting so big for a while that I had to be put on a 'one in, one out' lock down!  Anyway what I really enjoy doing more than anything is getting my hands dirty, scrubbing, sanding, undercoating and finally repainting these beautiful pieces of furniture that would have otherwise ended up as firewood.  I'm not an experienced carpenter or painter so there are things I am learning about along the way, but really that's half the fun of it!  Since moving to just down the road from my mothers, I have been lucky enough to be able to use her barn.  It is incredibly dusty and I am constantly battling with the spiders who are hell bent on making their homes around my furniture (it seems to take them less than a day to move in), but it also gets flooded with sunlight and is only a 5 minute walk from my house!  I'm fairly rubbish at sewing, don't usually have the patience for crafting but this is one thing I find very therapeutic and a great time to think and reflect.  Now however after spending the entire day sanding , I have to go to my pilates class... I have no idea where I'm going to find the strength!
No pain, no gain eh!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment