Saturday, September 22, 2012

Currently on a beautiful Sunday...

Wow it is such a beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon.  All the doors and windows are open, Fats Domino is turned up on the stereo  and the house is almost clean!  It just changes my mood completely, I am most definitely a summer kind of girl.  Anyway so the first thing I did after breakfast (Mmm waffles with cream and hot cherries at my mums) was wander down the road to where the neighbours sell these adorable bunches of flowers on the side of the road.   I can't even begin to tell you how delicious they smell... like summer and sunshine all rolled into a beautiful bright flower.  I am constantly keeping an eye out to see if they have new ones but you have to be quick, these lovelies get snapped up in no time!

I have also been spending a fair bit of time on another little project I started a while back (which I will share with you properly when it's finished).  I have been busy sanding, varnishing and reupholstering this adorable little kiddy chair I found to match the big one I did.  As you can see I have only done the under fabric so far.  I have just enough of the blue left that I will probably cover it in the matching fabric.  The little bear I made about a year ago when I had some fabric left from a very retro dress that I shortened.

And lastly today I have finally been putting up all the 70s plant hangers that I have collected.  So far there is one in the bedroom and one in the bathroom.  If you want an easy way to brighten up your house then I definitely recommend hunting some of these down from your local second hand store. Plants just make such a difference to a space!

The rest of this weekend is probably going to be spent doing washing, eating leftovers and seriously soaking up some sunshine.  Perfect if you ask me:).  xx

2 comments:

  1. That does sound perfect! Spring is my favourite season - so loving it!

    Love those macrame holders for plants! They remind me of my mum..

    Hot cherries?! I've never had them! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chair is so cute! I love fresh flowers, but unfortunately gardening is not my forte. This would be the perfect solution for me, someone selling cut flowers just down the road. I think it was the latest Homestyle mag that shows you how to make your own macrame plant hanger. x

    ReplyDelete