Monday, February 22, 2010
It's sooo time for a make over...
Lately I've become more than a little bit bored of my appearance. I'm seriously not joking when I say that I wear the same thing every damn day. It's always the same pair of jeans which to be honest are getting a little snug in places, it's always a t-shirt (most of which I'll admit are usually cute enough), always a pair of cheap canvas slip on's, chucks, or jandels, my hair is a mess and gets progressively worse over the course of the day, and my make up is never particularly exciting either (usually mascara, eye shadow,the tiniest bit of blush, and on a good day my trusty red lipstick). I hardly ever wear skirts or dresses anymore, I haven't bought and worn a nice pair of shoes for years, and my hair is a constant nightmare... and the thing i can't quite figure out is HOW DID THIS HAPPEN WITHOUT ME NOTICING?! It makes me feel like a total fraud because I adore vintage clothing with all my heart and yet I hardly ever wear it. Granted, Jeans and sneakers are a must for my work, but I'm not even at work that often at the moment. It has gotten to the point wearing anything other than jeans makes me feel totally self-conscious, like the whole world is starring at me, which of course is complete nonsense! And it's not like I don't own nice clothes, I DO! They sit around in my cupboard and every now and then I'll put them on and prance around my room before putting them back. Sad isn't it? The good news is that I'm pretty sure it's not too late to change (no pun intended). Reading all these fabulous blogs is certainly one thing that is inspiring me to take back my old sense of style.
- The first step will have to establish a complete jeans ban on all times except when I'm at work.
- The second will certainly be to throw out all my crappy canvas shoes and buy a pair of decent ones because after all these are the only feet I have so I might want to start looking after them!
- The third step is to browse blogs etc to find some new ideas (not that I'm looking to copy anybody elses style but I've been out of the game for over a year now so a bit of inspiration might be needed).
- Fourth step is to fix up my hair.
- The fifth step is to document my achievements here so that I have no excuses!
Sooo we'll see how it goes eh! Any tips, advice, and/ or encouragement would of course be very much appreciated!