Sunday, December 30, 2012

Feeling better

On the advice of my mum and a midwife friend of mine I did end up calling the temp midwife at 8pm last night.  Mainly so that I could put my mind at ease and get a good night sleep!  She said that it definitely sounded like I had caught a stomach bug but that as long as the baby was still moving lots and I didn't have a fever it should probably be fine.  So I got the thermometer out (because it's kind of hard to tell when it's the middle of summer and you're overheating anyway!) and my temperature was normal.  And as if to say 'don't worry mama, see I'm just fine' this little baby was kicking up a storm ALL night! It was the cutest thing in the world despite my lack of sleep now.  Anyway so I  think the incredibly bland meals I cooked for myself yesterday helped.
1. Homemade muesli and blueberries for breakfast
2. Roast veges with lemon juice, paprika and a sprinkling of herbs
3. Baby food!  Yeah literally just mashed potato and carrot with a tiny bit of butter and nutmeg.
4. Dahl.  Well kind of, I made it up.  It has red lentils, quinoa, green beans, spices (cumin, whole coriander seeds, turmeric) and a bit of acidophilus yoghurt on the side.  And none of the usual chilli that I sprinkle over everything.
And I drank endless glasses of water.
I'm going to take it easy today as well but am going to a friends place this evening to celebrate new year and begged him to make his famous cheesy lasagne for dinner!  I'm not sure that I'll last until  midnight tonight but I'm glad to be doing something.  Everybody else is off partying and Nic has gone to work at a music festival for the week so I was worried it was going to be a bit of a lonely one.
So anyway HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR, tomorrow will be the beginning of 2013 and with it comes a whole new adventure!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment