Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

Wow it's here, it's 2013!  Last night was nice but pretty low key.  I went and had dinner at a friends place and then dropped them all off at a party with their whiskey bottles in hand.  Sure I was just a little bit envious, what I wouldn't give for a nice smoky single malt these days!  Everybody keeps trying to talk me into having a little glass of wine, but I just can't do it.  If I've lasted the past eight months without having a drop of alcohol (aside from super low alcoholic beer... I'm talking like 0.05%) then I can hold out for a couple more months!  Anyway I headed to my mums after that and watched a truly terrible B grade, 1960s sci-fi movie.  Don't ask me why, it's just what was on!  By the time midnight struck I was more than ready for bed.

Today really made up for it though.  The day was AMAZING.  I had coconut pancakes with strawberries and cream for breakfast, sat by the pool all day long and went for the odd swim and then finished the day off with homemade Thai fishcakes and Vietnamese spring rolls.  Needless to say it was a beautiful day to what I know is going to be a fantastic year.  And with that I'm off to bed!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment