Sunday, January 6, 2013

Swimming with the fishes







Well here I am sitting up at some ungodly hour of the morning with insomnia (yay!), so I thought I'd share my weekend.  I've got to say, as far as weekends go, this has been one of my favourites in a long, long time!  It has been everything that a summer should be.  On Saturday we drove up to Goat Island which happens to be a marine reserve. The water is full of fish, usually you only have to stand knee deep and they are already swimming all around you.  Anyway so we headed up there with our snorkelling gear and a picnic , and spent the entire day lounging on the beach and plunging into the rather cold water.  I have honestly never seen this place so busy, it was insane!  Later on in the afternoon we were met by some other friends and ended up at the Leigh Saw Mill Cafe for a drink (homemade lemonade for me) followed by some pretty damn good fish and chips in Warkworth.

Sunday morning I got up early and met my sister in town for breakfast before checking out the Avondale Markets.  Wow let me tell you, they were AMAZING!  You mainly go there to buy your fruit and veges, but there is something about this place that makes you feel like you are in a different country.  There are so many different ethnicities, strange looking vegetables, dried fish, pushy people... I just loved it.  I came home exhausted and had a 2 hour nap (which is probably why I haven't been able to sleep tonight) before heading to a friends house for dinner and a walk on the beach.

I think it's fair to say I went to bed with a smile on my face last night. It occurred to me this past week that my days of freedom are numbered so I better pack in as much now before baby arrives!
Right now my eyes really feel like they are burning out of my skull so I better make my way back to bed.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment