My goodness it has been a while! And oh how life has changed since I last checked in. I now have an amazing little seven month old daughter who continues to grow like a weed! Having a baby was everything and nothing like I imagined it would be. What has shocked me the most is how little time I have for myself, I mean seriously! I'm with Ayana 24/7 and while she is napping during the day I usually have to lay down for a nap too. So as you might imagine not much gets done around here! Things are definitely starting to get easier with every month though and I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into some of my old projects again. So here's what's been going on/ will be going on in my vintage world.
- If you follow Dashfield Vintage on Facebook you'll have noticed that I've made several attempts and broken promises of having a big sale. I'm embarrassed to say it never eventuated to much. Which leads me to my next point...
- The promised garage sale is finally going to happen!! We confirmed the date and place yesterday and I'll be announcing it in the next few days. I have SO much stuff to get rid of (clothes, suitcases, furniture), plus another friend who has a whole treasure trove of her grandmothers things that she wants to sell.
- The one thing I have managed to do (even if it was late the evening before deadline) is to write my little vintage parenting column for Glory Days. Have you checked this online (soon to print) magazine out yet? It's amazing! I'm so, so proud of all the talented folk who work so hard to pull this together every issue.
- We made it to the Vintage Textile Fair again this year. I was going to go by hook or by crook! Ayana was a bit of a hit with all the lovely vintage ladies there and then eventually crashed out so I could have a good look around. I bought myself a beautiful little 1940s jacket, as well as a pair of vintage sandals and a summer playsuit for Ayana.
- I've just been in the process of unpacking my summer clothes, and let me tell you, it's like Christmas!! It has been over a year since I've laid eyes on many of these pieces so there has been a lot of oooing and ahing!
- And last but certainly not least I have a wedding to plan! Although the guest list has well over a hundred people on it, we don't want anything formal or fussy. This is going to be a rustic, easy going, kick-your-shoes-off, DIY, picnic style occasion, which actually still involves a fair bit of work! For me that means hitting the second hand shops to source things like throws, cushions and 100+ little vintage saucers. The wedding isn't until early February but I figure the sooner we get cracking, the less stressful it will be in the end!
Yup and I think that pretty well gets you up to speed on what has been going on in the Dashfield world. It's nice to be back. I've missed you lot and blog land :).